The purpose of this self-paced course is to provide information and experience in using open educational resources (OER) in your teaching practice. We will discuss the concept of OER and open licenses. We will also provide plenty of practice in locating and sharing open educational resources. This is a 2-week online, asynchronous course and participants are expected to spend 10 hours to complete the course.
Upon completion of this course, the participants will be able to
- Describe the meaning of open educational resources.
- Differentiate the concepts of open licensing, public domain, and all rights reserved copyrights.
- Identify resources that are openly licensed or in public domain.
- Distinguish the different types of Creative Commons licenses.
- Find the open educational resources, and properly attribute their authors.
- Mark their work with Creative Commons licenses.
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.